Shipping large boxes the right way
What should you pack in a box?
Your furniture and appliances should be crated or blanket wrapped. For everything else, packing and shipping your belongings in large boxes is the safest way to transport your goods. This includes:
• Pots & Pans
• Knick Knacks
• Small pieces of furniture, such as end tables
How do you choose the right box?
Using the right box is essential for keeping your items safe during transport. Follow these tips when choosing and packing boxes:
• Purchase new boxes for fragile or valuable items. Used boxes are more likely to tear.
• Sturdy used boxes can be used for soft, unbreakable items like clothes or linens.
• Don’t use boxes that are too large. Empty space allows your items to shift during transit and may cause damage. If your boxes are too large, use clothing, linens, packing paper, or bubble wrap to fill empty spaces.
• Make sure you use heavy-duty double-walled boxes for large, fragile, and heavy items.