Tips for moving to Washington DC
People move around a lot in the greater Washington, DC area. Professionals pursue the best job opportunities, offices relocate, and residents whose lifestyles have changed seek different housing options within the area. What does this mean for TSI? It means that we stay very busy transporting the belongings of all these people! Make your move to DC stress-free:
- Use our packing tips to ensure your goods are prepared for transport.
- Sell or donate items don’t need. Downsizing before you move can eliminate unnecessary stress.
- Washington DC is known for really bad traffic. Avoid moving during rush hour at all costs.
- There is no J street (the rest of the city does have alphabet street names). Remember that while navigating the city.
- Avoid moving in January and February. That’s when it snows the most in DC.