From music and jobs to food and fun, “Yinz allz” need to check out this infographic about moving to “The Burgh.”
“Yinz alls” ready for your next home? When you move to “The Burgh” you become part of the family! With professional sports teams, incredible foods and world class schools and entertainment, here are 13 things to help get “yinz alls” ready to move to Pittsburgh.
1. Sports! Pittsburgh offers the Steelers, Penguins, Pirates and even more. You’ll never go a night without a competitive fix!
2. Libations – From Iron City producing locally for 150+ years to Boyd & Blair Vodkas, even Wiggle Whiskey, you’ll find local libations to light up your night! 3. Culture – If you thrive on culture, moving to PGH is perfect for you! This city is home to the Carnegie & Warhol museums, Benedem Center, Heinz Hall, a world-class science center and planetarium, not to mention countless festivals. The opportunities to learn & grow are endless!
4. Education – If you’re starting a family. Moving to Pittsburgh gives your kids the opportunity to go to high end schools like Carnegie Mellon, University of Pittsburgh, Duquesne and even Point Park University for Dance and Theatre all without ever leaving home!
5. The Duquesne Incline - Voted one of the top 10 viewing sites in the world by USA Today, the Duquesne Incline is sight not to be missed. Enjoy a world class view of one of Americas most important historical cities!
6. Cathedral of Learning – A stunning centerpiece at the University of Pittsburgh, the Cathedral is like something straight out of Game of Thrones, boasting the title for 2nd tallest gothic style building worldwide. Take a tour of the country themed classrooms, or pack a picnic and sit on the beautiful lawns outside for a relaxing afternoon.
7. The Strip District - This neighborhood of Pittsburgh features just about any kind of shop you might be looking for. It has a true 24 hour atmosphere including a farmers market and artisan food shops during the day which become booming dance clubs at night. You’ll never run out of something to do or see which is only one more reason why you should move to Pittsburgh.
8. The National Aviary - The National Aviary in Pittsburgh is the largest in the country featuring over 200 species of birds from bald eagles to penguins. Just make sure you don’t watch any Alfred Hitchcock before you go!
9. Cost of Living - Pittsburgh is 4.5% below the national average for the price of living. It is extremely rare to find affordability within a major city. Whether you want the hip side of Shady Side, the family friendly Squirrel Hill or the excitement of Oakland, moving to Pittsburgh brings you every type of lifestyle you could want and at very affordable prices!
10. Jobs – The Burgh is ranked #44 by Forbes as one of the best places in the nation to work. Formerly known for it's steel industry, Pittsburgh is now a booming center for healthcare, technology, and bio-science. (It was also once home to Wall Street!)
11. Music – On Wednesdays you can watch the Banjo Club perform at the Elk Lodge, Thursdays hear House Music at a Happy Hour and Saturday listen to a symphony for classical music. Not only is Pittsburgh the home of drum and bass, there are bands and styles to make everyone happy! Pittsburgh could put Austin to shame!
12. Kennywood - Originally opened in 1898, and sitting on the site of the Battle of the Monongahela where George Washington fought, Kennywood amusement park is one of the oldest in the country, making it's roller coasters that much more scary!
13. Food - Pittsburgh is home to some of the best cuisine in the nation, with tastes for all palettes. Whether you’re craving the famous Primanti Bros. for a sandwich, some O Fries at the Original Hot Dog Shop or the Eat'n Park Diner, you're sure not to go hungry while saving money.
14. Ketchup – The Pittsburgh suburb of Sharpsburg is where Heinz Ketchup was created! For more than 150 years, they’ve been a leader and a well-respected icon of the Steel City. For the sophisticated palette there is also a large variety of fine dining restaurants, a couple favorites include the French food at Legume or The Commoner which is anything but common. If you want a snack, check out Murray Avenue where you can find three world class pizzas including Mineos, Napoli and Aiellos.
Whether you need long distance moving companies or “yinz” are relocating to Pittsburgh, TSI moving services can help with everything from furniture shipping, to long distance moving for homes and businesses. Hey, we can even move that new case display you may buy for the city’s 6 Super Bowl rings!